Want to publish your book?
What is the Selfpublish cost?
Many stories, but only one book. Once you have spent innumerable hours getting inspired, writing and plugging away on your beloved book, it is time to decide on how to publish it. Self Publishing has become a very viable option for authors. As usual, the internet has changed things. It has changed the face of the publishing industry (as well as music, travel, insurance, taxis, food delivery &&&) for the benefit of authors. I want to help you decided if self publishing is the way for you & to show the the selfpublish cost.
Book publishing costs come in many forms. There is still the traditional route via a publisher, however this entails having a publisher agree to publish your book. This may or may not be easy, depending on many factors. The other, increasing popular route, is to self publish. This will keep your book publishing costs low. This means that you bare all the expenses yourself, however you get to keep all the rights and all the income, from the sale of your book. It gives you total control over the finished book.It is not uncommon for first time authors to self publish and then get a more lucrative deal from a publisher as a result.
Read on to see the process & the costs of getting your book published.
Write your book with passion.
Edit your book for accuracy.
Format your book for digital platforms & print.
Market your book through all the available channels make an income from your work.
There are several options available to authors to make their books available to a wide audience.
If you have decided to take on the selfpublish cost & put your book out there. then please read on to see the steps and costs involved in us doing it for you.
eBooks are for sale in many formats for over 30 online publishing platforms. However there are several major players in the space that are the first and obvious choices for you. These are:
- Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing: The big daddy of the book space. It is a hugely popular platform especially due to the Kindle application on smartphones, tablets and the Kindle Reader. Huge marketing possibilities are available to sell your book through Amazon and for this they take about 30% of the book selling price.
- NOOK Press: This is the competition from the second largest book seller in the world, Barnes & Noble. NOOk offers book publishing at no cost to the Author. Fees are similar to Amazon Kindle however the fees are based on the sale price of the book.
- iBooks Author: Apple has it’s own iBooks store, that is available for all Apple products such as iPhones, iPads & computers. Apple has a huge customer base to draw from due to the huge popularity of its products and the iTunes Music Store. Fees vary by the price of the book.
- Google Play Books: Not to be outdone ever, Google also have their Google Play Books Partner Centre. Offering tools to market your book through the global reach of the Google search engine. You can set your own prices and fees are based on this.
These are just examples of the biggest players however there are a host of others offering similar services to in many case a niche market. This include: Smashwords. Blurb, Lulu, Myebook, Kobo Writing Life, BookBaby,Shopify, eBookit, Payhip,Wasteland Press, Scribd. E-Junkie, Tradebit, Gumroad, Infinity Publishing, Selz, Slicebooks, Click2Sell, PayLoadz, iUniverse, InstantPublisher, Pressbooks,Draft2Digital, LifeRich Publishing and more.
- Selfpublish Cost
This is a guideline for selfpublish cost & what needs to be done to publish your book. The author should provide all book text in either ,.docx, .txt or .rtf format. The text should be edited and finished for print. If further editing is required, e.g spell check, grammar etc, then this is charged per page. For a full edit by professional Editor, please ask for a quote.
Images and other design elements to be provided either as a .png or .jpeg file.,with a resolution of 300 dpi or higher. If any editing of the image is required (in Photoshop etc.) this is charged per image.
- Fees that need to be paid.
- Registration Fee for ISBN Number.
- (Registration of ISBN’s is separate for each different book format. Different book formats are eBook, Hard Back, Soft Back, 1st or 2nd Editions etc.)
- Generation of Bar code.
- Filing for Copyright.
Interior Pages costs.
- Title & Publishing information pages, per page
- Text only with no special formatting: per page
- Images & text pages, per page
- Pages with specific formatting (i.e. manuals), per page
- Pages with images only, per page
Book Cover Costs
- eBook or Soft Cover Design:
- Hard Cover or dust cover
- If you wish to commission original artwork for your cover there will be commissions charged on this.
(If you cover design is complicated or intricate then there may be extra work charged at the hourly rate of £30 per hour of on a price quote basis.)
Summary of Selfpublish Cost
We can see all the tasks that need to be carried out above. They are the same tasks for all publishers, the only difference is how much they charge.
We also offer marketing services for your book. Including websites, social media, blog posting and much more.Please ask us about these services.