Pricing for Services.
All pricing is based on the number of hours. The hourly rate is based on type of work & is agreed with each project & client. For new websites, it is an estimate of the number of hours necessary. Much of the work below is for, wordpress pricing. Time is similar for other content management systems.
For estimated hours for building different websites please check here.
All websites need regular maintenance with regards to security updates to the CMS & plugins. The vulnerability of a website to various forms of attack, such as mass mailing, spam comments etc depends on the function of the website. All websites are vulnerable to attack, but specifically those that allow comments, e-commerce web shops & those with many plugins.
The minimum requirement is for a website, is to access the back end log in once a month to update the CMS, any plugins & back up the website. Below is a list of general tasks & approximate time taken for each task.
- Access website & update WordPress Core – 10 minutes
- Email account setup or forwarding – 10 minutes
- Add a Plugin or solve a simple issue with a plugin – 10 to 15 minutes
- Lost Password of add user – 10 to 15 minutes
- Change a posts contents (simple), change site menu (simple) – 10 to 15 minutes
- Changes to individual CSS elements such as colour, font or move position – 15 to 25 minutes
- Add new element from Plugin, such as mailing list or contact form – 15 to 25 minutes
- Create a social media account such as Twitter or Instagram – 15 to 30 minutes
- Update WordPress & plugins & run test – 15 to 40 minutes
- Create a facebook page – 20 to 40 minutes
- Email setup for services such as MailChimp, import contacts & settings for use with
- WordPress.- 25 minutes to 1 hour
- Migrating simple WordPress website, with plugin, to a new host & test – 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Website trouble shooting. Technical issues with DNS, htaccess file, permissions etc. – 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Bug reporting. Study of report to trouble shoot problem, fix, restore & test – 30 minutes to 1 hour+
- Register domain name & create WordPress install on that domain – 30 minutes to 1 hour+
- Migrating simple WordPress website to a new host, manually & test – 1 hour+
- Add Google Analytics to website & setup – 2 hours+
selectedserver, runs a Server for it’s clients. Hosting is charged at a minimum of 1 hour per month, for a minimum contract of 1 year. Other hosting options are available on request, according to your requirements. If your website is hosted on a separate server, then the one hour a month still applies.
Creative writing is always estimated with a final fee based on the actual number of hours worked. Caps can be agreed to as to work within your budget. Please contact to discuss amount of hours & hourly rate for any project. It is necessary for us to have a good understanding of a clients business to be able to write appropriately. Due to this we prefer to work on an ongoing, long term basis. We offer very preferential rates for ongoing projects.
These are some general guidelines to hours taken to write blog posts.
- Writing & posting a short blog post (with keywords etc) – 1 hour to 2 hours
- Writing & posting a short, in-depth blog post (with keywords etc) – 2 to 5 hours+
- Writing & posting a long, researched, quality blog post that will have engagement (with keywords etc) 5 to 20 hours+
Article writing & rewriting is on a case by case basis dependant on the subject, lenght & number of articles.
We offer a full publishing service for writers. Please read this article here for more information.
All marketing is charged on a case by case basis. Please contact us to discuss how we can help you to reach your target market.
Reports are charged at a minimum of 2 hours. In depth reports can run to many hours & can be charged at an agreed rate.
We offer an extensive range of training to empower you to use the many tools available. Training is available in person, via phone chat or video chat. Below are some examples of topics & time.
- How to add elements. Contact forms, embed youtube video, blog post etc – 15minutes to 1 hour
- Woocommerce Training (Free Plugin). Adding products, photos, alt text, keywords etc. – 2 to 4 hours
- Application Training. How to use such things as memberships – 2 to 5 hours
- Google Analytics. How to access & interpret information from google – 2 to 5 hours
- Woocommerce Training (Paid Plugins). Variations in colour, shipping, tax, other platform integration – 2 to 10 hours
- Basic refresher on changing the content or template elements – 10 to 20 minutes
- Stuck on something. Menu item, blog post, google maps plugin etc. – 10 to 20 minutes
- Fine-tuning already installed plugins. Instagram display, events, movies – 20 minutes to 1 hour
- Questions relating to security, SEO, speed of website – 30 minutes to 2 hours
- Critical issues. Server update by provider, PHP version updates, SSL – 30 minutes to 5 hours+
- Extend an existing plugin – 1 to 10 hours+
- Integrating two existing plugins – 5 to 20 hours plus
- Questions from client with answer through conversation (eg Skype) at hourly rate.
Client visits are charge at a minimum of two hours.
Non Billable Hours
Time spent advising client: Up to 4 hours of non billable hours per project. Over this, hours are billable. (Only refers to new projects, not ongoing work)
When going over the standard hours for tasks.When complex issues arise time spent can be multiplied by between 1.5 & 3 times. Generally there is always some time overrun, which is rarely charged to the client. However you will be informed when such a situation arises & the nature of the issue that has caused an overrun of time, so you are aware of it.
In some instances, if there are specialist issues or development that I cannot deal with myself, I will outsource these to a third party, with your agreement.
Ongoing Piece Work
This is ongoing work that gets queued (within agreed timeframes) & is done alongside tasks for other clients.
This is where no other work is being undertaken. Working solely for the client for a set agreed period of time. This is eight hours a day, six days a week. (Basic support maybe carried out for other clients, outside of these hours.)